Plan your visit
Please read the guidelines for the Visitors below before contacting Library staff about access.
Corpus Library is reserved for members of the College. We will try to accommodate external readers when the item they wish to consult is genuinely not available in one of the university's libraries. Appointments must be requested in advance by letter or by email; readers arriving without an appointment will be turned away. Use of the material is strictly on a reference basis, and borrowing is not permitted.
- Non-members of the College must make appointments in advance
- Appointments are provided to consult texts specified in advance, under supervision of Library staff
- Full bibliographic details of the item to be consulted should be supplied in advance, including the call number; readers requesting items available in one of the Bodleian libraries, or as an electronic surrogate, will be referred to those libraries
- Library staff have the discretion not to produce any book or other object that they decide is too fragile, too damaged or in any other way unfit for consultation
- Requests for general or on-going access to the Library should be made in writing to the Fellow Librarian in the first instance
- Please note that information regarding appointments and research requests will be collected and processed according to the General Data Protection Regulation and associated data protection legislation.
Appointments to consult post-1830 library items may be available in the following times, but must be arranged in advance.
Monday - Friday
10 am to 12.45 pm
2.15 pm to 4.45 pm
Please read the rest of this page in full before emailing Library.Staff@ccc.ox.ac.uk.
Access to the Library is via a flight stairs. If you need step-free access or any other assistance, please contact us in advance.
Library annual closures
- Between Christmas and New Year
- Over four-day Easter weekend
Please note that appointments will be limited during vacations, and not possible during August due to staff commitments.