Search Oxford Libraries Online
Use SOLO to locate print material. You can also search for e-books, e-journals, online articles, databases, research papers and the Oxford Research Archive (ORA).
- Make flexible, straightforward searches across different sources
- Limit searches by library
- Find clear links to electronic books and online journals
- Sign in to view and make requests, save searches and renew loans
The Bodleian's LibGuides also offer information on subject guides, workshops and research skills. If you'd like to access any of the Bodleian Library’s resources from afar, read about remote access.
Modern Collection (post-1830)*
Corpus library has approximately:
- 70,000 modern books, catalogued and searchable online via SOLO
- A range of print periodical titles, also listed on SOLO. Many are available online to University members and in print from the Bodleian Libraries.
- A pamphlet collection containing many off-prints – the parent journal/book is often available online or in print form in the Bodleian Libraries.
*Please note: some collections, including most of the pamphlets, are currently stored off-site, and are not accessible.
External readers may make appointments to consult items if they are not available in the Bodleian Library or in a faculty/departmental library they can access. Any modern UK publication should be held by the Bodleian Libraries.
Not all Bodleian holdings are currently on SOLO, so please consult the Bodleian Reading Room catalogues and/or their pre-1920 catalogue to check if an item is available there.
Shadworth Hodgson Collections
Shadworth Hodgson, a Corpus student and Honorary Fellow, bequeathed a large collection of works to Corpus Library in 1912. Many are interfiled with the modern collection, while the early printed books are kept with the rest of our rare books.